Sunday, June 13, 2010

Stamps.


I am a member of Paperback Swap, so I get books in the mail from people all the time. This one was unusual, though:



Some of the stamps on this book are almost 60 years old! Todd and I were completely fascinated by them. I can't throw the wrapper away...but I'm not sure what to do with them...

I sent a message to the member who sent me the book, asking about the stamps (I'm picturing a woman who didn't feel like going to the post office and who decides to raid her husband's stamp collection) but haven't heard back yet. I'm so curious!

5 comments:

Mimi said...

Snicker!
Could you frame it in one of those 3x5 black frames? Wouldn't that look neat on a wall?

Martha said...

Yeah, that would be pretty, Mimi. Good idea!
Janelle, you could START collecting stamps!!! They are beautiful. Have you seen the cowboy ones that are out right now (44 cents)?

Latharia said...

That is absolutely fascinating. I have had that happen before, too, on large envelopes or packages. I think to myself that the person has no idea what they're worth. I would frame it, like Mimi said ... or just keep it for a someday project!

Leslie said...

Fascinating!

Meadowlark Days said...

What a fun package to receive!