Tuesday, November 10, 2009

If you happen to be buying something at Amazon, and you need one more little thing to push your total over $25 so you can get free shipping...may I suggest a nice little Christmas album that I bought for that very reason?

The Joy of Christmas

I have old-fogeyish taste in Christmas music (and almost everything else for that matter.) This is an old-fogeyish album--it's almost fifty years old. It features Leonard Bernstein conducting the New York Philharmonic and the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. This is not a quiet, contemplative album--it's a big gorgeous blast of sound, a joyful noise.

It's fantastic and it's cheap. Get it! If you're an old fogey, that is.

3 comments:

barbara said...

I'm pretty much convinced that there hasn't been a decent Christmas album (do we still call them that???) since 1964 or so, so I'm definitely a fan of old-fogey music. In fact, I may have this. I know I've got the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. And Nat King Cole, and Mahalia Jackson, and the Charlie Brown Christmas soundtrack (which might be more late 60s, so that's as contemporary as I get!)

Leslie said...

It's hard to beat Mo-Tab at Christmastime!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.