Saturday, June 21, 2008

My late-night problem.


Barenaked Ladies:

There's so much joy in life,
so many pleasures all around
But the pleasure of insomnia

is one I've never found

With all life has to offer,
there's so much to be enjoyed

But the pleasures of insomnia

are ones I can't avoid


And the flipside of the problem--R.E.M.:

I see today with a newsprint fray
My night is colored headache grey
Don't wake me with so much.
The ocean machine is set to nine
I'll squeeze into heaven and valentine
My bed is pulling me,
Gravity
Daysleeper. Daysleeper.

I have to be up at 6. I've just come to accept that I'm an insomniac, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

1 comment:

Michele said...

I'm sorry about the insomnia. I have it to, and I also have a severe chronic pain condition that keeps me up all hours of the night. Do you find yourself watching ancient reruns of "Roseanne" or spending a ton of money you don't have on QVC or HSN all because you can't sleep? That's me!! :-)

Hope you get some sleep soon. Sweet dreams when you do.

Hugs,
Michele
luvkittysmeowmail@gmail.com