Monday, July 10, 2006

And a few more pics.


I feel terrible that I didn't take any pictures of my side of the family...no pictures of my treasure hunt with Tanner and Kylie, no pictures of our picnic at my folks' that night. In my defense, I was exhausted that day!

All I got was a few pictures from Kylie's very first t-ball practice the night before we left for home. She's the girl in green, and her dad, my BIL Ky, is the coach. These kids could NOT have been any cuter!




When I first started scrapping, I was too much of a photog. A million pictures of every little thing--too many. Now I've gone too far in the other direction--I never have a camera handy when I need it, and I never seem to get pictures of the things I wish I had afterwards. There are so many people I left out of the photo record this visit! And when you only make it home a couple times a year, it feels so much more important to get everything on film. Or on memory card, to be more up-to-date.

I think that's partly why I stopped trying--it all felt so important, I started getting tired of feeling like I needed to have a camera attached to my face all day long. I'm wondering if I need to make a list of the pictures I definitely want during a trip, so I can at least get those, and not feel so bad about missing so much.

3 comments:

Golnaz said...

hello...I read your last post and I figured out how people are like each other...we always have camera with us but never take any photos but the time we need the camera we know we have forfotten it...nice blog..

Janelle said...

Isn't that the truth? LOL. Thanks for reading!

Mimi said...

Looks good! I love your thoughts about photographs.

It was also a delight to see your work in a recent magazine! Whohoooo!Congratulations