Thursday, June 09, 2005

It's a girl!

My brother and his wife had a baby girl this morning, Marissa Kathryn! A total surprise, to me, anyway--I wasn't expecting this for a couple more weeks. I am so, so, delighted to be an auntie again and have a new kid in my life to love.

In the past 5 years, Todd and I have been the lucky recipients of one nephew and six nieces. (Our other nephew Tanner was born way back in the 90's.) It's been a veritable shower of babies for a long time, and I think Marissa will be the last one from any of our siblings, which makes me a little sad. But watching them all grow up is a delight in itself, as they develop their personalities and interests...bittersweet to be sure, but also a joy.

So welcome to the world, Marissa Kathryn--you have so many people who will love you and cherish you. May you have a long and joyful life!

2 comments:

Tina said...

Congratulations Auntie!

Mimi said...

Congratulations, Aunt Janelle!