Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Grateful

I've been feeling grateful the past couple of days...I had to go in for a D&C ("dusting and cleaning" as my dr. calls it--har har, Doc) on Monday morning and I was a little bit nervous about it. It's been ten years since I've had surgery of any kind, and I wasn't at all sure what to expect. Since I had to take three days off work for the surgery and the recuperation, I was concerned that I would be feeling not-so-great for a while.

But the surgery was just like taking a nice little nap! I came home and slept for a few hours and then got up and tidied the kitchen, did a little laundry...feeling quite good. Yesterday I went shopping in Williamsburg and cleaned my scraproom. Haven't had a pain pill since right after the surgery, and I'm not bleeding like they warned me I would.

Today I got up early and felt awfully tired so I took a snooze on the couch, remembering that I am supposed to be taking it easy, after all, and this is my last day at home to do that! Maybe I overdid it a little bit yesterday.

Anyway, I am just really happy that I am feeling so good! Now, if the surgery will just help with my problems, then life will be spiffy.

In other news, I am trying to scrap, but it's like pulling teeth, LOL. Now THAT'S painful! My inspiration done dried up--for now, anyway.

No comments: