Monday, May 18, 2009

Monday.


We had a great weekend with my brother's family, and especially getting to hang with Natalie and Marissa all day Saturday.

Books were read...


...water was spilled...

...and mopped up and spilled again...

...herbs were picked...

...and cheesy grins captured.

Everybody curled up and watched Robin Hood (the animated Disney version) on Sunday morning while it poured rain outside--very cozy.

I was really thrilled, on Saturday, to get to introduce the girls to my favorite childhood movie, The Sound of Music. Marissa wandered in and out for some of it, getting Todd to play hide-and-seek with her or read her a couple of books, but Natalie stuck it out till the end. It was hard to explain nuns and Nazis to a six-year-old (nuns = "women who want to love and worship God all the time so they live in a special place and wear special clothes"; Nazis = "bad guys who did some really bad things") and I fast-forwarded through a couple of the boring talky scenes with the Captain and the Baroness, but she loved it. I was glad. What a great memory, getting to watch it with her.

Whenever the girls come to visit, the house always seems a little sad and quiet after they leave.

Love those two girlies.

I still had my cold all weekend, which is why we had a low-key Saturday watching a long movie and playing with water, and today I'm just really tired. Took a nap yesterday afternoon and slept hard all night long, and I'm still dragging a little today. Definitely on the mend, just...tired.


Oh--I finally have my car back! We picked up Todd's car Thursday night. Today I went to the park and walked and got groceries, and it felt like such a luxury after three weeks of car-lessness. I'm glad life is back to normal and I can go wherever I want whenever I want!

Hope everybody else's week is off to a good start, too.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Your nieces are adorable! I'm happy you got some good bonding time in. It's those little moments they will always remember!