Saturday, March 04, 2006

Saturday night catch-up.

I wanted to post a few pics of some of the stuff I got last weekend, but I can't find the camera battery. So here are some pictures already on the memory card...I plan to make a layout with these and call it "The Power of Sun."

This is a mixed pot I bought from my favorite nursery, the Flower Pot, last October. The owner was very proud of these pots, because he'd mixed two violas and a pansy with some sage and thyme--all plants that would make it well through our mild winter. The combination was really different.

I had the pot on our north-facing, shaded porch all winter, and it did okay...then we moved to this house and the pot went onto the south-facing porch in full sunshine almost every day--and it just exploded with flowers. What a pleasure to have flowers growing at the front door in January and February!

I know this will post funky with all the different pictures, but I can cross my fingers anyway.

In other news, we've had a couple scary health events in my family lately. My grandma fell and broke her hip a week ago while vacuuming. She'll be 86 in May, so it's a serious thing. However, the doctors were very optimistic, got her right into surgery, and she's already up walking with a walker and doing physical therapy. Because she's stayed active, her chances of healing were greatly improved.(note to self: get off butt and start exercising!)

She'll be in a skilled nursing facility for another week or two, but so far so good. She and Grandpa have had a hard couple years, but they are so determined to live on their own for as long as they can. It's hard, but I can't really blame them.

And Todd's sister Lisa called today to say that our niece Anna had also been in the hospital for a couple nights this week. Seems that she's had an allergic reaction to something--they're not sure what, but she erupted in a horrible rash after getting an antibiotic shot for a lingering ear infection. She came home today, but they're still waiting for the rash to subside. And it looks like she'll be getting some pinpricks with an allergy panel in a few weeks. Poor baby--she's only 20 months old!

I am recovering this weekend from my second D&C in eight months...I was actually looking forward to it this time, because I knew it would involve a nice nap, a day on the couch, and those great heated blankies the nurses put on you. I was really looking forward to the heated blankies! I felt great yesterday after a day of sleep, and I felt okay today, too, but tonight my tummy hurts a little. Nothing too bad, though.

I stupidly agreed to do another last-minute project for the Fiskars insert, knowing full well I was having surgery this weekend, but I think I got it mostly done today, so that's a relief. Tomorrow I want to get it approved if the Fiskars girls are checking their e-mail this weekend, and type up all my instructions and supply lists so everything can go in the mail Monday so as to arrive Wednesday.

Every week I think, this will be the week when life goes back to normal and I can relax a little, but I think normal may be least the normal I used to have. We're still working on the house in dribs and drabs--Todd moved the living room around for me last week after a prolonged whine on my part, and it looks much better. The huge TV is in a corner now, where it doesn't dominate the room as much. The couch is now angled across the living room to face the TV. It fills the long narrow room a little better, I think, and now maybe I am ready to start hanging all these pictures and shelves that are clogging the floors!

That's all for now.


shirley said...

Love those, some of my favorite flowers to plant!!

Anonymous said...

Beutiful pictures! Great blog.

Mimi said...

Gorgeous pictures.

I'm sorry to hear about Todd's niece and the surgery. My prayers for quick healing to both of you!