Tuesday, November 18, 2008

What I've been doing.


I went to a crop Friday night and got started making Christmas cards. When I came home, I just decided to spread everything out on the kitchen table and keep playing.



I haven't done any stamping to speak of for a long time, because I'm doing my paper crafting on the floor now, and stamping on the floor is not an easy thing to do.

I bought a few Christmas stamps at a stamp show last month, and combining them with some of the stamps I already had, plus some Christmas paper scraps and Tim Holtz distress ink, yielded some combinations I was really pleased with! Oh, and lots of Stickles glitter glue, but that didn't photograph very well. It looks great in real life, though, very sparkly.





I got thirty cards done. And had a really relaxing time doing it!

I still have tons of scraps and pre-folded cards left, so maybe I'll do another crazy stamping extravaganza before the holidays, but if I don't, I at least have a nice set of cards to send out to various people. That is if I can bear to part with them!

5 comments:

Casii said...

Wow, these are gorgeous! I love your stamped images too; cool vintage look.

Mimi said...

Wow, I love those images! Sigh! Great job!

Anonymous said...

You are SOOO creative! I brag on you to all who will listen whenever the occasion arises, do you know that? Beautiful cards...will we be getting one? Pretty please?

Anonymous said...

Go, Janelle, Go! I'm so glad to see that your creative mojo stayed with you even after the crop was over. As for me, I haven't even unpacked my bag all the way!

Donna said...

MAJOR CHRISTMAS CARD LOVE!!!

I just HEART these in a big way. You've done a fabulous job. Of course, I love the vintage elements. Mmmmmm! Nummy!