Sunday, February 12, 2006

Lazy Sunday.


Well, it's a lazy Sunday for me, anyway. Todd and his dad are working on our closet re-modeling job, so they haven't had a relaxing weekend, but it's going well, and they get a charge out of building and hammering and planning. Todd's mom and I may run out and hit a few thrift stores today, but there's nothing that really has to be done except buy a gallon of milk. I can't express how wonderful it is to have a day where I don't have to get up and go somewhere all day long.

Todd got my countertop and wall shelves put up Friday night, so yesterday I was able to unpack a couple more boxes and free up a little more floor space in my scraproom. Now I need to really sort through everything, and I may start that this evening, but it's not something that has to be tackled right this minute.

So I'm just sitting here, listening to the hammers pound, watching a few miniscule snowflakes drift past the window, and looking forward to a pleasant day before I plunge into Monday activities. It's great.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you guys get any of the snow that's sweeping up and down the east coast?

It totally (and thankfully) bypassed us here in Columbus. I'm so ready for spring. Every night that the sun stays out a little longer makes me a little happier.

I'm thinking you need to save one room, have Todd contact WYWO to do a room makeover and then invite me down to be the "accomplice" who keeps you busy for 2 days. I'd get to meet Evan and Andrew.. and yeah, I know Evan is married... but I can still drool. :)

We could practice your "I'm so surprised" looks.

Mimi said...

Enjoy the quiet day and the new shelving. I love putting things away on shelves, dusting them...not so much ;)