Friday, September 23, 2005

Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up...

Anybody remember the old Carol Burnett show? The look she'd get in her eye when she'd play a deranged person?

This is sort of what I'm talking about...I felt a little bit like that today, LOL.

I'm still trying to track someone down to get my car fixed. I finally went back to my insurance agent today and asked them to get on the phone, because I feel like I'm being passed around at the other insurance agency. The problem is that the accident and the driver situation are both complicated. But I think I made some progress today. I still have to try to deal with it myself, though, to save having to file a collision claim on my insurance and having to pay my $250 deductible. Fun times!

My job has really been a...fascinating...experience. Watching a business take a nosedive is very educational. My boss asked me yesterday for ideas to try to improve business. I gave her some back in July when business was already bad, and nothing much came of it. Today I gave her a couple more. Nothing will come of it. I can't go into a lot of detail on a public blog, but it ain't pretty, and there's not much I can do. I feel bad but she's the one who has to take charge, and she's not. Slightly stressful.

Aaaaannnnnddddd....***drum roll***......the offer we made on the house was accepted today! But don't strike up the band just yet--the contract with the previous buyer has to expire before the house is ours. If she scrapes together the financing she needs, we're out. But everyone seems pretty dubious about her actually being able to pull it together. According to my friend whose boss is the friend of the sellers...they're giving the original buyer until next Tuesday. After that, the house is all ours. Yipes!

I'll wait to gush about the house until then...no gushing until I know it's mine, all mine.

Anyway, feeling a little deranged, but generally cheerful. Kinda like Carol.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Congratulations! Fingers crossed - keep me posted!

If I could work in your state, I'd love to help ;)